FreeBusy Problems

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Aug 1 07:16:54 CEST 2007

Torsten Krah <tkrah at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
>> Torsten Krah <tkrah at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> writes:
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > I want to use freebusy with kolab. Did a standard install.
>> > Fllowed the wiki troubleshooting article - but first point fails already
>> > and theres no log file:
>> >
>> > Apache Error Log tells:
>> >
>> > [Sat Jul 28 10:39:52 2007] [warn] [client 192.168.1.100] [25479]
>> > auth_ldap authenticate: user krah authentication failed; URI
>> > /freebusy/krah.ifb [ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Invalid DN
>> > syntax]
>> > [Sat Jul 28 10:41:52 2007] [warn] [client 192.168.1.100] [25480]
>> > auth_ldap authenticate: user krah authentication failed;
>> > URI /freebusy/trigger/krah/Kalender.pfb [ldap_search_ext_s() for user
>> > failed] [Invalid DN syntax]
>> >

>> > The user uid is "krah" and the mail address "krah at testdomain".
>> >
>> > If i point the browser to the url internal server error is happening with
>> > that messages above in the log.
>> >
>> > Any hints whats wrong?
>>
>> Do you have any trouble logging in with that uid or mail-address
>> anywhere else? Does free/busy work if you use the mail address for
>> logging in or does it only fail if you use the short UID?
>>
>> What is strange is the "Invalid DN syntax" message. This looks like a
>> deeper problem. Can you tell us more about the Kolab version you
>> installed. It's also always helpful if you state your base system in
>> which you installed the OpenPKG envrionment.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gunnar
>

> I can login with the uid to the mail server (imap, smtp) and the web
> interface.
> It does not matter if i use the uid or the full email adress, error stays the
> same.
>
> Kolab Version is 2.1 - installed from the Gentoo kolab2 overlay, latest
> version.
> I did not use the openpkg environment.

If you have trouble on a native Gentoo system you should always state
that in your first mail :) Please remember that this is a
non-supported installation variant and expected to have some
problems. So it helps us (and especially me as the maintainer of that
port) to know that you are not working on a standard system.

I'll have a look at the free/busy problem on Gentoo in the next days.

Cheers,

Gunnar