Better (easier) way to install kolab on Fedora Core Systems??

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 25 18:56:54 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 10:07, Wolfgang Schleicher wrote:
> So, why is the installation that COMPLICATED, just PREVENTING more users
> (others than debian?) to install kolab on more different linux
> distributions to make kolab more popular?

Kolab Server can be installed pretty easily:
a) Download all sources in one directory
b) ./obmtool kolab

If you have bugs, feel free to report them.
There are two classes of bugs:
1) OpenPKG original packages, for those you can find help over the OpenPKG.org
mailinglists.
2) Packages from the Kolab project.
We support those on this list or kolab-devel, depending on level of technical
detail.

> Today the german kolab forum (www.eforum.de) has been closed, but even
> there I found no final solution to my problems.

We found that most people like the mailinglists and the wiki a lot more,
compared to the forum software that also had other issues.

Bernhard