How to relay E-Mails to "mydestination" for users with no local Mailbox

Martin Klewitz [gamigo AG] martin at gamigo.de
Wed Sep 20 14:08:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

In my environment there are two mailservers. The first (server1) is running
exim and is pointed by all MX-Records, the second one (server2) is running
kolab/postfix and receives mails only from local clients and server1. It is
configured to use server1 as a smarthost.
Both servers handle emails for mydomain.com. Some mailboxes are located at
server 1, some on server 2.
My problem occurs when user1 at mydomain.com tries to send a mail to
user2 at mydomain.com over server2 (the mailbox of user1 is located at
server1):
Postfix on server2 says "Mailbox unknown".

How do I have to configure postfix on server2 to send all mails through the
smarthost server1 even if the domain is mydestination if a local
kolab-account does not exist?

Regards,
Martin Klewitz