Problems install Kolab 2.1

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 5 09:16:12 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 18:43, Hamish wrote:
> On Friday 25 August 2006 23:36, Lars Bakker wrote:

Hi Lars,
thanks for your feedback!

> > I'm experiencing huge problems, installing Kolab 2.1 beta2 on OpenSuse
> > 10.0 x86_64. I've followed the instructions on wiki.kolab.org, on how to
> > install kolab from source.
> >
> > gcc-4.0.2 can't be compiled and consequently some other packages like
> > perl can't be compiled either. I think this could be related to the
> > systems architecture, but it's just a guess.
> >
> > Could someone please give me a hint on what to do to make this work?

Note that this is an openpkg.org issue.
You could try newer OpenPKG packages and help them to resolve the issues.

> You may have tried this, but it may help to use gcc3.3 instead of 4 (which
> I guess will be shipped with opensuse 10), it may be something similar to
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Installation_on_Ubuntu_%22Dapper%22_6.06

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)