kolab webadmin certificate problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Oct 31 16:31:53 CET 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 10:52, Вячеслав Шпигель wrote:
> My problem is that after kolab installation

Which version of the Kolab Server?
Best supported is Kolab Server/OpenPKG versions 2.0.4 or 2.1beta2.

> I cannot access web
> administration through https://localhost/admin. The browser answer is
> "Connection rejected" or "Access denied". I tried different browsers.

Check first if something is listening on these ports.
telnet localhost 443
Next try SSL connection, e.g.:
gnutls-cli -p 443 -h localhost

> tried entering different hostnames during installation also. I am saying
> "y" when kolab_bootstrap -b asks for CA, entering passphrase, got pem files
> generated. Tried to install  this certificate to my firefox or konqueror,
> got it done but it didnot help. I tried to set "SSLEngine off" in
> <VirtualHost _default_:443> section of apache configuration
> file(/kolab/etc/kolab/httpd.conf.template), it had no effect. Is it really
> a configuration file? I could find no other. Do you happen to have any
> suggestions on how to move on with this?

Check the apache logs in /kolab/var/apache/....

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)