s/mime and outlook with toltec or konsec

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Oct 31 15:43:43 CET 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 16:10, Giovanni Baroni wrote:
> Are you suggesting a good s/mime plugin who works with toltec, konsec?

I cannot, as I said, we tested CryptoEx, but this is not available anymore.
From what I know some people use TrustedMime, but I do not know about
its availablity either.

>  > This is a server setting, I am quite surprised that this has anything
>  > to do with S/MIME functionality, which is about emails.
>
> So I! Also o havent any idea why tls_cert_file in imapd.conf is
> commentet out. By default kolab is generating this certeficates on
> bootstrapping in installationprocess.

AFAIK it should not be necessary.

>  > we did some tests with CryptoEx
>
> Are they offering also S/MIME Plugin's or just PGP Implementations?
> Is their "old" solution still available?

Yes, it was OpenPKG and S/MIME.
No, I do not think it is still available. The vendor got bought by PGP Inc.,
if I remember correctly.

> For PGP i still havent found a working Plugin for outlook (in
> combination with a kolab-connector). Doing encryption with inline
> signatures by WinPT or others.

There is one Free Software add-on, called gpgol.
A good package for installing is www.gpg4win.org (Disclosure: My company
Intevation did this package together with g20code).

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)