Changing server host name - what to be aware of?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Thu Oct 26 10:40:03 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently preparing a new Kolab 2.1 installation on a second server. This
machine will eventually replace the machine that now runs our Kolab 2.0.4
installation. For now, the new machine has a different host name than the old
one (obviously...), but it should get the original host name as soon as the
replacement is going to take place. What I'm wondering about: What exactly do
I need to change in Kolab when the host name changes? So far, I came up with:

- All kolabHomeServer entries in LDAP (anybody aware of an easy way to do
this?)
- Maybe changing the CA/certificates to reflect the change

Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas