cyrreconstruct without effect

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Tue Oct 24 19:06:32 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I am having email losses: Suddenly emails simply disappear.

Glad enough I have installed an rsync job which copies the
var/imap/spool/domain/xxxxx/user/yyyyy directories away.

So I have most of the emails still in my backup directory. Now I wanted to
copy the emails back into the imap spool directory and I tried to proceed in
the sense of this documentation:

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2

After copying the files back, making sure that the user and the permissions
are right, I deleted
var/imap/spool/domain/xxxxx/user/yyyyy/cyrus.*

After that I did a
"su - kolab-r" and
"/kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct" without parameters

I even restarted kolab all over, but the emails I copied in did not appear in
my frontend(s). I am using two frontends: Kontact /KMail and squirrelmail.

Can you please help me out? I need to see these emails again. Otherwise the
restore documentation on the wiki is erroneous and must be corrected.

Regards
Markus