kolabd not starting on new install

Kevin Scott kcscott at kbinx.com
Wed Oct 18 16:45:30 CEST 2006

Hi,
trying to install kolab server 2.0.4 from /packages/kolab/server/release
with security update 20061009. OS is Suse 9.3

I followed the instructions and everything appeared to compile correctly,
kolab bootstrap
runs without error. All the processes start with the exception of Kolabd
although no errors are shown.

trying to to start kolabd from the command line gets this:
# /kolab/bin/openpkg rc -v kolabd start
OpenPKG: start: kolabdopenpkg:rc:NOTICE: /kolab:kolabd:%start: executing as
user root
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: /kolab:kolabd:%start: succeeded with return code 0
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
| Can't call method "attributes" on an undefined value at
/kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Kolab.pm line 178.
| Compilation failed in require at /kolab/sbin/kolabd line 45.
| BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /kolab/sbin/kolabd line 45.
.

I can telnet localhost 389
kolab.conf has the values I supplied to bootstrap
session_vars.php has the same values.

I can get to the login web page but get wrong user name password error.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or additional trouble shooting
steps to take? Thanks in advance - Kevin