multiple kolab servers + Fedora Directory Server

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant at sgul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 18 14:02:09 CEST 2006

Le mardi 17 oct 2006 18:01, Jan Gerle a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane & all
>
> Stéphane Konstantaropoulos schrieb:
> > Do you know if there is a document somewhere that explains how to set up
> > multiple kolab servers?
> >
> > I wonder especially how is works for the emails: what server must be
> > configured as the MX and how it redirects to the server that holds the
> > email account for the user. Is there anything specific to do to postfix
> > or to cyrus to that, or is it completely automatic?

HI All,

I'd like to share my experience with you:

I have set up 2 testing kolab servers. Using the debian binary rpms on a
Fedora system. Then using the kolab_bootstrap script I have set them both up
using mostly the defaults.

My user store however is on a Fedora directory and for this I had to add a few
things to kolab.conf and modify two templates: main.cf.template (for postfix)
and imapd.conf.template (for cyrus imap).

It is kolabd-1.9.4-20060111.

Once it was all configured properly, kolabd pulled all the users from the
Fedora Directory and created mailboxes for all of them, this took some time
but eventually it worked.

Even better, when I use the Outlook Toltec connector with my slave and pop3 on
the slave, I get the email that was delivered on the master (which is the
kolab host configure for me), not sure how that worked.

This is not running in production yet but soon will be, I hope!

I hope this helps people.

Here are the snippets of my kolab.conf:

user_bind_dn : cn=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
user_bind_pw : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
user_directory_mode : slurpd
user_dn_list : ou=people,o=sghms.ac.uk,o=sghms.ac.uk
user_field_deleted : kolabdeleteflag
user_field_guid : nsuniqueid
user_field_modified : modifytimestamp
user_field_quota : mailquota
user_ldap_ip : 172.16.1.20
user_ldap_port : 389
user_ldap_uri : ldap://amstel.sgul.ac.uk:389
user_object_class : inetOrgPerson
userpassword : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
user_php_dn:
cn=nobody,cn=internal,ou=computing,ou=services,ou=staff,ou=people,o=sghms.ac.uk,o=sghms.ac.uk
user_php_pw: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(this has to be added to both serves, slave and master)

Then the few changes in main.cf.template:

So that postfix queries the user store.
The timeout had to be dramatically increased, our directory is super slow and
super big.

#
# LDAP Alias support
#

ldapvirtual_server_host = @@@user_ldap_uri@@@
ldapvirtual_search_base = @@@user_dn_list@@@
ldapvirtual_query_filter = (&(!(kolabDeleteFlag=*))(objectclass=posixaccount)
(|(alias=%s)(mail=%s)))
ldapvirtual_result_attribute = mail
ldapvirtual_result_filter = %s
ldapvirtual_timeout = 200
ldapvirtual_scope = sub
ldapvirtual_bind = no
ldapvirtual_version = 3
ldapvirtual_domain = $mydestination

#
# LDAP Recipient map
#

#
# LDAP Distributionlist support
#

ldapdistlist_server_host = @@@ldap_uri@@@
ldapdistlist_search_base = @@@base_dn@@@
ldapdistlist_domain = $mydestination
ldapdistlist_query_filter = (&(objectClass=kolabGroupOfNames)(!
(kolabDeleteFlag=*))(mail=%s))
ldapdistlist_special_result_attribute = member
ldapdistlist_exclude_internal = yes
ldapdistlist_result_attribute = mail
ldapdistlist_result_filter = %s
ldapdistlist_timeout = 15
ldapdistlist_scope = sub
ldapdistlist_bind = no
#ldapdistlist_bind_dn = @@@php_dn@@@
#ldapdistlist_bind_pw = @@@php_pw@@@
ldapdistlist_version = 3

#
# LDAP Transport for multilocation support
#

ldaptransport_server_host = @@@user_ldap_uri@@@
ldaptransport_search_base = @@@user_dn_list@@@
ldaptransport_query_filter = (&(mail=%s)(objectClass=posixaccount)(!
(kolabHomeServer=$myhostname)))
ldaptransport_result_attribute = kolabHomeServer
ldaptransport_result_filter = smtp:[%s]
ldaptransport_timeout = 100
ldaptransport_scope = sub
ldaptransport_bind = no
#ldaptransport_bind_dn = @@@user_php_dn@@@
#ldaptransport_bind_pw = @@@user_php_pw@@@
ldaptransport_version = 3

==============

Now the changes to imapd.conf.template so that it also queries the same user
store:

# support for lookup of mailbox name from local LDAP server
ldap_uri:               @@@user_ldap_uri@@@
ldap_base:              @@@user_dn_list@@@
ldap_bind_dn:           @@@user_php_dn@@@
ldap_password:          @@@user_php_pw@@@