serious problemes with duplicated messages

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Fri Nov 24 18:55:11 CET 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 18:45, you wrote:
> On Thursday 23 November 2006 12:19, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> > > The Proko2 branch is the conservative choice for production
> > > systems. We are forwardporting all fixes to KDE 3.5
> >
> > But not all features, right?
>
> We do port all features as well, except the ones that KDE developer
> do not want in their because of architecture problems.
> The only example I know of are the local distribution lists.
>
> > I tested a KDE 3.5.5 setup and noticed that
> > its Kontact does not seem to have the local subscription feature,
> > which allows to split accounts into DIMAP/IMAP, thus gaining a
> > significant performance advantage.
>
> Hmm I will ask Till about this, maybe this is the second example.

Correct. This feature (and other things, like quota support) is slated
for integration into the 3.5+ branch, which is the staging area for
kdepim 3.5, and then forward port to 4.0. In contrast to the local
distribution lists which cannot be merged because they break the
format, these features can be merged, during partial feature freeze
lifts of 3.5, and will be. 3.5 is not a development branch and under
stricter rules for what can go in and when, which is one reason why
features don't make it upstream directly. The other major reason is
workload, since these are not trivial merges and thus require quite a
bit of time to integrate.

Till Adam -- till at kdab.net, adam at kde.org