IMAP permissions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 23 11:54:35 CET 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 08:48, Divan Santana wrote:
> I was wondering does anyone know how to set permissions for a users mailbox
> if using IMAP.

The cyradm command is one method to do this. Requires administrator skills.
If you want to know the hardcore
commands of the IMAP protocol, just sniff its connection.

> I currently use POP, but think IMAP might be better/quicker(?). Problem is
> by default user didn't have permission to delete mail or create folders,
> where would I set this?

Users should have those permissions by default on their INBOX.
Client, like KDE Kontact can display and change this permissions.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)