Accept unauthorized mail

Kai Hildebrandt kai.hildebrandt at
Wed Nov 22 12:21:08 CET 2006

Hi all.

I needed to configure the kolab-server to accept mails from another

The kolab test-domain is ""

The mail exchanger for now forwards the messages of a
specific user to

In the "Services" tab of the administration frontend there is a checkbox
called "Accept Internet Mail". Does this setting change any
configuration files?

It works now after I've found this:

I edited the file /kolab/etc/postfix/ (probably not the right
place?) and added the -allow-noauth option.

I don't think that an administrator of kolab should edit any of the
config files by hand as far kolab is a black box system.

Is there a better solution for my setup above?

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-37               Fax: +49-711-849910-937
WEB:    email: Kai.Hildebrandt at