How to exempt some addresses from checks on the mail server?

Ger Apeldoorn g.apeldoorn at argoss.nl
Mon Nov 20 14:18:57 CET 2006

You can add your local network to the 'priviledged networks' in the
web-interface (under services)

That should do it...

Greetings,
Ger.

Op maandag 20 november 2006 13:52, schreef ITSEF Admin:
> Hi all,
>
> I ran into the following problem: Our users are allowed to send private
> mail from our system(s), with their own mail address as "From:". This,
> however, does not work with the Kolab setup, where all 'unknown' and
> non-delegated sender addresses are rejected. As such, I like this feature,
> hence, I'm trying to allow those sender addresses without switching the
> checks off completely.
>
> One way I've found was to add the "external" sender address as e-mail alias
> for the users that use such addresses. If I do so, they can indeed use such
> an address as sender - but at the same time, they can no longer send mail
> *from* the outside to any of our addresses, as the mail server rejects that
> sender when coming from the outside. Again, as such, I very much like this
> feature, but this leaves me with the question:
>
> How can I allow external addresses being used as sender going out *and*
> coming in without having to disable the checks altogether?
>
> Any insight is most welcome!
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas

ARGOSS: your partner for atmospheric, marine & coastal information
P O Box 61
8325ZH Vollenhove The Netherlands
tel +31-527-242299 fax +31-527-242016
Web http://www.argoss.nl

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one of
those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to
copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should
please delete it from your system.

ARGOSS Holding BV and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for any
errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and not clearly made on behalf of
ARGOSS.