serious problemes with duplicated messages

Nils elitepenguin at gmx.net
Fri Nov 17 15:48:51 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm the Sysadmin of a small group of people. To create eventes in the
Kolab server, which concern everybody, we created a shared folder, on
which everybody has read and write access.

Recently we had the problem that there were suddenly a lot of messages
duplicated. The messages have been duplicated so many times that we
were unable to use the calendar!

They (the summary entry in the kolab.xml attachment) were called "Copy
of: <summary>". I couldn't figure out completely where this came from,
but I guess it's a problem with synchronizing with some clients.

However I manually grepped for these msgs on the server and removed
them. Now what I would like to know is why and how can this happen and
what can I do that it doesn't happen again in the future. Clients are
all now running Kubuntu Edgy, but before we also had clients with
Dapper and older versions of Kubuntu.

Nils