Multiple kolab servers [auf Viren überprüft]

Hans Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Tue Nov 14 14:18:31 CET 2006

Divan Santana schrieb:

> I have a customer that has multiple branches. We would really like to setup 1
> kolab server per branch and POP and SMTP locally at all branches as would be
> quicker and better on bandwidth however they still want to be on one domain
> name.
>
> Is there any fancy/easy way of doing this correctly?
Define the directories in a way, that ervery server gets his own branch
(i.e. ou=branch1,o=company).
Glue the database together (SyncRepl or meta backends).
o=company
|- ou=branch1,o=company
|- ou=branch2,o=company
|- ou=branch3,o=company

Use this combined directory for postfix routing (depends on unique email
addresses!) to tell postfix where the user's homeserver is.

Hans