Multiple companies on a kolab server

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 3 13:18:45 CET 2006

Hello!

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 18:47, Dick Kniep wrote:
> We would like to enhance our application with kolab. However, we have
> multiple companies using our system, most of them with only a small number
> of users. We would like to use kontact with kolab to provide them with a
> groupware application, but we do NOT want the users of company A to see the
> users of company B in the addressbook. Is this possible in Kolab?

Yes as long as you maintain the main server.
You would need to use slightly different permissions in OpenLDAP.

> And if it is possible; is there a howto?

No. Kolab Server 2.1(currently in beta2) comes with simple email domains,
but not a full blown ability to multi host several companies for an ISP.
Adding this ability could be done in a consultant project.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)