Undelivered mail returned to sender

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 3 13:10:25 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 13:16, Ger Apeldoorn wrote:
> I'm still having this problem; any help VERY MUCH appreciated!!

> Op maandag 30 oktober 2006 11:17, schreef Ger Apeldoorn:
> > I've got a little problem with amavis/clam on my kolab server.
> >
> > When a virus is reported, it tries to send a notification to
> > virusalert at argoss.nl but I get a error notification instead:
> >
> > Final-Recipient: rfc822; virusalert at argoss.nl
> > Action: failed
> > Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; service unavailable. Command output: Failed
> > to set recipient: Invalid response code received from server, code 550
> >
> > If I send an email manually to the same address; it works fine. The
> > mentioned address is a distribution list generated by kolab.
> >
> > Any help very much appreciated!

First check the postfix logs and then the resmgr logs to see where
that email actually goes to. Secondly, please state your Kolab Server version.

Code 550 usually means that lmtp delivery was tried by kolabmailboxfilter
and the mailbox did not exist with cyrus.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)