Problem with fetchmail and IMAP

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed May 31 23:44:52 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch 31 Mai 2006 16:54 schrieb Marcel Meissel:
> Solved! After 3 days, several mails and 3 expensive calls with the
> GMX-Hotline, they said "By the way: we did an update of the IMAP-Server
> on monday, due to bad compalibility with Applemail."
>
> I just downloaded the newest version of fetchmail and - VOILA it works
> again!
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Marcel
Maybe 'getmail' is the better 'fetchmail' - this was my personal experience
when I had to use such mail fetcher programs in the past. fetchmail had
serious problems in processing some really crazy spam mails so I switched to
getmail and all problems were gone:

http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/faq.html#faq-about-why

Bye

  Thorsten