Problem with fetchmail and IMAP

Torsten Irländer torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
Wed May 31 16:32:37 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, 31. May 2006 10:32, Marcel Meissel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using fetchmail -vvv I receive:
>
> "2 messages for 22282027 at imap.gmx.net (folder info).
> fetchmail: IMAP> A0005 FETCH 1:2 RFC822.SIZE
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (UID 14 RFC822.SIZE 258740)
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 2 FETCH (UID 15 RFC822.SIZE 16021)
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0005 OK Completed
> fetchmail: IMAP> A0006 FETCH 1 RFC822.HEADER
> [... Header data for the first mail ...]
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0006 OK Completed
> "
>
> Not very usefull for me. I don't find any key to the solution :-(

Is this really the full output? However your are getting a least the header
for the first message. So I assume that imap works in for you on this box in
principle. Question is:

>> "2 messages for 2228xxxx at imap.gmx.net (folder marcel).
>> fetchmail: timeout after 300 seconds waiting for server imap.gmx.net.
>> fetchmail: socket error while fetching from imap.gmx.net

Why runs fetchmail into a timeout? As mentioned before I don't think that your
problem is related to kolab. The only thing I can imagine is that the mail
you fetch per IMAP is not deliverable to the user on kolab. But you said that
POP3 is working for the same user right?
Maybe its the best to ask the fetchmail guys on this issue.

best regards
Torsten

--
Torsten Irländer                                    Intevation GmbH

torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/