Problem with fetchmail and IMAP

Marcel Meissel marcel at meissel.com
Wed May 31 09:44:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been using Kolab for months now without problems. I use fetchmail
to get the mail via IMAP from GMX to my kolab server.

Since Monday no mails will be fetched from there. Other POP3-Accounts
work. The number of read/unread mails is regognized. This is the output
of fetchmail:

"2 messages for 2228xxxx at imap.gmx.net (folder marcel).
fetchmail: timeout after 300 seconds waiting for server imap.gmx.net.
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from imap.gmx.net
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
2 messages for 2228xxxx at imap.gmx.net."

- It works with Thunderbird on a Windows-PC
- The GMX-support says Inbox too full. I deleted all Mails, sent 2 new
ones and I have the same problem again
- /var/log/mail  etc. show no errors

Could it be Kolab related?

Thanks for any help :-(