Kleines slapd Problem

Truppe Steven s.truppe at gmx.net
Mon May 22 15:55:37 CEST 2006

 Hello everyone,

i've done a backup with slapcat and did something wrong ... i think so ....
because when i want to execute slapd i get this message:
root@~# /kolab/sbin/slapcat -d 4
bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3,
2003)
bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3,
2003)
root_dse: invalid rootDSE - dn="dc=email,dc=amergy,dc=com" (line=12)
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 31: could not read "rootDSE <filename>"
line
slapcat: bad configuration file!

But when i look at the config file everything looks fine to me,
and also the /kolab/etc/kolab/rootDSE.ldif file looks good to me.
(here is the more of the config file and the rootDSE:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/cbQCsJ75.html)

Also the webmail interface shows all users and let me login as manager.
I can also modify existing users.

So now my question is: if i shut openldap down - are all things lost ???
is there any way to recover the stuff before shutting down ?
(because i can look at the ldap data and modify it over the admin
interface!!).
This kolab is at my work so i don't want to kolab_bootstrab -b or
reinstall - any suggestions ?

I hope someone can help me before my computer does a reboot :(:( or
all my ldap data could get lost :(