kolab installs fine -- can't get HORDE working with kolab

will trillich will at serensoft.com
Fri May 26 00:14:35 CEST 2006

On 5/25/06, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Don't use CVS versions if you don't follow the development. And if you
> do, at least read the install instructions.

i can tell Jan fields questions like ours a lot. :)

i'm not sure which part of the install instrux i missed, of course,
can you tell? here's a synopsis (which we just now repeated to be
completely certain and anal and all that):

- downloaded 83 *.rpm files
- made sure /kolab was empty and ready (a symlink in our case)
- ran "./obmtool kolab 2>&1 | tee kolab-build.log"
- did "/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b"
- did "/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start"
- we do "/kolab/sbin/kolabconf " just for spite:

the administrative interface works like a charm. no problems there.

so -- now for the horde part (ala kolab.org/webclient.html):

- where it ways "you will need to recompile your Apache and PHP RPMs
with additional flags" we took that to mean that we should fudge the
obmtool.conf file. if that's a bad assumption, let me know.

- did "./obmtool kolab" again, after pgsql tweaks to conf file

- did "/kolab/bin/pear install -f Net_IMAP Log Mail_Mime File Date"

- set "safe_mode=off" in /kolab/etc/php/php.ini

- under /kolab/var/kolab/www we do "cvs -d
:pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository login"

- cd /kolab/var/kolab/www/

- cvs -d :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository login

- cvs -d :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository checkout horde

- cd horde/

- cvs -d :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository checkout
framework imp kronolith mnemo nag passwd turba ingo

- and just for spite, "cvs update"

- we've got the VFS directory set up: "ls -ldF /kolab/var/horde/vfs"
drwxr-xr-x  2 kolab-n kolab-n 4096 May 22 03:32 /kolab/var/horde/vfs/

- /home/will/kolab/server/etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template contains
include /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/scripts/ldap/horde.schema

- copied all *.dist to `basename $a .dist` in all the config dirs

- /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde is set (-R) to o+rwx and kolab-n:kolab-n

- tweaked the four config/*.php to exclude non-kolab stuff: NOTE that
each (except for passwd) is wrapped in an conditional block "if
($GLOBALS['conf']['kolab']['enabled']) {"

- the next instruction is "Log in to your Horde installation, at
http://your.kolab.server/horde/" and that's where we get zero-length
response from the server.

===

which instructions did we miss? (aside from the ones we can't
effectively reach, of course.)

--
will trillich
"Their is five errers in this sentance."