Using ssl to send e mail instead of tls

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sun May 21 20:29:34 CEST 2006

I have a problem with my outside salesmen to send e-mail though the corporate
server and so do I with my home e-mail when I am traveling.
Most hotels provide free highspeed web access. Downloading e-mail with
Thunderbird is no problem and in many cases sending e-mail though the
corporate server is no problem either.
I am using TLS for secure connection.
However more and more hotel block this. I can still send e-mail with no secure
connection (Uhhhh password in plain)

Which ports are used for tls secure connection? Thunderbird says port 25,
but ...
Is there a way to configure kolab to use ssl and therefore the port would be
465?
This may wouldn't be blocked?

--
Best regards