Mailbox migration kolab -> kolab

Roy Hoobler roy at connectcomputing.com
Tue May 16 03:11:06 CEST 2006

Very good idea. I've tried 3 times to get Horde working with Kolab, and it
never worked completely.  For two clients, I configured squirrel mail on top
of Kolab - it took about 30 minutes.

Imapsync fails on mail boxes with spaces and things so it did work that well
either (a lot of tweaking - I logged into to old accounts and renamed/fixed
things).  I'll look for my old script and post it.  For syncing jobs, once it
is setup, it is probably just as well to put imapsync as a cron job (I did
this for a month) to sync mailboxes and folders. It wasn't pretty but good
enough. That sounds like a good addition to Kolab.

With PHP IMAP functions, that would be a better route, imapsync is just using
perl (if I remember right).  For larger applications (like my client), the
script took 10 minutes to run against old mailboxes (not something you want
to have a web interface for).

--Roy