How to enable the external addresses in the LDAP Address book?

Torsten Irländer torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
Wed May 10 10:46:54 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, 9. May 2006 09:15, Ger Apeldoorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've got Kolab 2 in place and we would like to make the addresses of
> external contacts available through LDAP.
>
> We've tried to put a few test-contacts in there, but they dont show up in
> the LDAP-addressbook in Kontact.
>
> Should we enable this somewhere?

Maybe you forgot to enable "subtreesearch" in your ldap ressource?
What I have done is:
Create a new LDAP ressource to your addressbook. Enable subtreesearch in the
lower part of the ressource configuration window.
No other should be all LDAP users including internal, external, distribution
lists etc.
If you only want to see the external users you need to modify your search base
(DN) I.e: DN: dc=domain,dc=tld => DN: cn=external,dc=domain,dc=tld

best regards
Torsten

--
Torsten Irländer                                    Intevation GmbH

torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/