kolabd package available in Debian sid

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue May 9 20:42:50 CEST 2006

Op dinsdag 9 mei 2006 10:13, schreef Pete Brown:
> > I have had several developers that have deeply looked into the code say
> > that they cannot bring Horde as Kolab Client into a stable, maintainable
> > state. It supposetly is more inexpensive to write a new webclient.
> > I have not a detailed list of technical reasons and it probably
> > would be a major piece of work to produce them.
>
> ok this has gotten my brain thinking and i got a question or two.
>
> i know some of Kolab is in a few perl modules.
> is there one of those modules that reads the kolab xml format for the
> various imap messages?
>
> and if there is could we use those to make a web interface?

Imagine thqat this would be possible, it would only interface to a small part
of kolab.  The nice thing of horde interface, is that it provides a
consistent interface to many different aspect of kolab, like email, agenda,
but also the sieve email filterering, vacation forwards and so on.

So instead of inventing the wheel, it would be nice to try to re-use what is
already available....

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless