Bootstrapping doesnt work. OpenLDAP and BDB-problem

Julius Maier Dichnixangeh at gmx.de
Thu Mar 30 16:32:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

i want to install Kolab on my Server (64bit Intel, SuSE [SLES 9]).
I tried several versions of kolab, but none worked for me.

Now my problem:
This was my howto for
installation:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/kolab2-on-sles9.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I downloaded the Sources from kolab-server-2.1-beta-1. Then I run
./obmtool kolab 2>&1 | tee kolab-build2.log

Worked fine, no problems or missing packets (unlike to other
kolab-versions).

Then I went on with bootstrapping:
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

KOLAB BOOTSTRAP

Check for running webserver on port 80
Check for running webserver on port 443
Check for running imap server on port 143
Check for running imap server on port 220
Check for running imap server on port 585
Check for running imap server on port 993
Check for running pop3 server on port 109
Check for running pop3 server on port 110
Check for running pop3 server on port 473
Check for running pop3 server on port 995
Check for running smtp server on port 25
Check for running smtp server on port 465
Check for running ftp server on port 21
Check for running Amavis Virus Scanner Interface on port 10024
Check for running Kolab daemon on port 9999
Check for running OpenLDAP server on port 636
Check for running OpenLDAP server on port 389
Check for running Sieve server on port 2000
Excellent all required Ports are available!
LDAP repository is empty - assuming fresh install
Please enter Hostname including Domain Name (e.g. thishost.domain.tld)
[server.logit-management-consulting.com]: localhost
Proceeding with Hostname localhost
Do you want to set up (1) a master Kolab server or (2) a slave [1] (1/2): 1
Proceeding with master server setup

Please enter your Maildomain - if you do not know your mail domain use the
fqdn from above [localhost]: localhost
proceeding with Maildomain localhost
Kolab primary email addresses will be of the type user at localhost
Generating default configuration:
Top level DN for Kolab [dc=localhost]:
 base_dn : dc=localhost
 bind_dn : cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=localhost
Please choose a manager password [uIZ4RWn7ZJKDbBdv]:
 bind_pw : uIZ4RWn7ZJKDbBdv
done modifying /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf

IMPORTANT NOTE:
use login=manager and passwd=uIZ4RWn7ZJKDbBdv when you log into the
webinterface!

Enter fully qualified hostname of slave kolab server e.g.
thishost.domain.tld [empty when done]:
prepare LDAP database...
temporarily starting slapd
Waiting for OpenLDAP to start
could not connect ldap server ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ at
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 490.

I looked to the kolab_bootstrap script and recognized, that the openldap ist
started in this way:
/kolab/libexec/openldap/slapd -h ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ -f
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf

I put debugging messages besides:
/kolab/libexec/openldap/slapd -h ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ -f
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -d2

Here the Output:
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.11 (Mar 30 2006 17:05:29) $
        kolab at server:/kolab/RPM/TMP/openldap-2.3.11/servers/slapd
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 91: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 96: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 101: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 106: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 111: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 116: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
/kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 121: "attr" is deprecated (and
undocumented); use "attrs" instead.
bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory
/kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data: (2)
Expect poor performance for suffix dc=localhost.
bdb(dc=localhost): architecture lacks fast mutexes: applications cannot be
threaded
bdb(dc=localhost): architecture lacks fast mutexes: applications cannot be
threaded
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Invalid argument (22)
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (22)
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

The "attr"-Errors are irrelevant..the problem is obviously the bdb.
Now i dont know continuing. I searched the web but without success.
My suspicion: Problems with the 64bit architecture. But I dont know how to
solve...

My system configuration:
Intel P4, 3GHz, 64bit
SLES 9
Berkley DB Version:
db-32bit-9-200407011229
db-4.2.52-86.3

I hope, someone can help me please. I tried to solve this problem for days
without success.

Regards and thank you :)