smtp auth & pop3

kemas k_henry at ramayana.co.id
Fri Mar 24 20:15:57 CET 2006

hi all,

I manage to set up a kolab server on CentOS 4.0 for testing purposes.

I use OpenLdap 2.3.13, LAM and Squirrelmail for the add-on, because I
already have a ldap server, it works nicely although I 'm not yet try to
send email to the internet.
email addresses can be seen in Squirrelmail addresbook pretty well.

I have difficulty in setting up 'smtp authentication', I follow how to
create smtp authentication but it doesn't ask for authecntication.
If I telnet to my machine it shows like this

    [root at kolabl imapd]# telnet 192.168.1.100 25
    Trying 192.168.1.100...
    Connected to 192.168.1.100 (192.168.1.100).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 kolab.wasteland.com ESMTP Postfix
    ehlo wasteland.com
    250-wasteland.com
    250-PIPELINING
    250-SIZE 20971520
    250-VRFY
    250-ETRN
    250-STARTTLS
    250 8BITMIME

can anyone tell me what to do to get smtp authentication?

one more thing, how to get pop3 mail out of kolab?

thank you