Failed to retrieve user's DN: [-1] Can't contact LDAP server

Alan Hartless harty83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 01:16:57 CET 2006

Ha, that was it.  Thanks!

However, got a few other problems.  I've been repairing code as I go along
going from the apache error log.  I've found quite a few places that needed
syntax corrections or variable corrections.

However, I'm currently stuck on a few more things.

Everything works now but kronolith and my local contacts in turba and still
the left menu.

1) In kronolith I get the error: "Failed to retrieve user's DN: [0] Success"
and none of my events show up.  Any idea what may be the cause of that?

2) Turba will not show my local contacts.  I see that this is an ongoing
problem for I read "Personal Addressbooks don't seem to work. However there
is full access to all addresses in the Kolab LDAP directory" at
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Horde  Has anyone been
able to get this to work?

3) I STILL am not getting the left menu even with the latest CVS version.  I
have the option selected.  I reinstalled the scripts from framework
(install-packages.php) and still nothing.  Could it be something to do with
my Kolab install?

Thanks for everyone's patience (or for at least not lashing out at me)!

Alan