Nagios check_mailq and Kolab

Adam Tworkowski atworkowski at masterfile.com
Mon Mar 20 19:27:03 CET 2006

Hi,

Does anyone use the check_mailq plugin with Nagios?

When run the check on the local box it works fine.  When I use the
check_nrpe plugin and try to check the mailq remotely (having altered to
path in the check_mailq Perl script), Nagios/nrpe bails and states that
it doesn't understand the output.  Remotely I can test the "native" mail
queue with Nagios just fine with /usr/bin/mailq.

Is there something different about Kolab's mailq command
(/kolab/sbin/mailq)?

This post may be better suited for a Nagios list but I thought I would
query this list as it could prove to be more direct.

Thanks in advance.

Adam Tworkowski, atworkowski at masterfile.com
Systems Administrator, Computer Department
Masterfile Corporation, www.masterfile.com