My Installation?!

Adam Tworkowski atworkowski at masterfile.com
Mon Mar 13 16:42:11 CET 2006

Hi Edmonds Peter,

I am not a Kolab developer but use it for production mail systems.  I
have built it quite a number of times on SuSE9.2 and SuSE Linux
Enterprise Server 9 without the problems you are having.

It *should* be as easy the documentation suggests:

1) download the source packages
2) make sure you have /kolab present (which could be a symlink)
3) run "sh obmtool kolab or what you have below
4) /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

Assuming that Kolab installed without any errors, have you made sure
that SuSE isn't running any of the services that Kolab will be
running?

Examples are Apache, Postfix and OpenLDAP.  SuSE 9.3 will have Postfix
enabled by default.  You will need to disable this before you can run
"/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b".

Let me know if this brings you any close to solving your issue.

Regards,

Adam Tworkowski