postfix whacked up

Alan Hartless harty83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:30:15 CET 2006

Hey,

Why would postfix all of a sudden try to forward my mail to adelphia.net?  I
don't even use adelphia!  Everything is correct in my fetchmailrc and
procmailrc which point to my server.  Pinging my domain also returns the
correct ip address.

Looks like this went on all night.

Here is what is in my log (good thing I have fetchmail do a local backup):

connect to mx.adelphia.net[68.168.78.104]: server refused to talk to me: 421
Message Rejected. There are three possible causes for this rejection.  If
your server sends data before recieving an smtp banner, the connection will
be dropped.  If you exceed the max concurrent connection level of 4, your
connection will be dropped. Otherwise, Please refer to www.spamhaus.org,
dsbl.org and njabl.org for more information.   (port 25)

Alan