Stupid(?) questions wrt Toltec

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Wed Mar 1 14:45:00 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:08:13PM +0100, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:

  > >   And the pop3 issue (also see my "imap INBOX' question). I haven't used
  > >   pop for years now that we have imap, and I'm not enthousiastic about
  > >   the idea of going back to the situation where a delete on the (Outlook)
  > >   client isn't a delete on the mailserver and vice-versa. Am I missing
  > >   something?
  >
  > Outlook needs to fetch the mails via POP3, because in this case it
  > executes some important code which it simply doesn't when fetching
  > mails via IMAP. I don't remember the details, but I think this is
  > related to parsing invitations.
  >
  > As soon as the mails are under Outlook's control, Toltec pushes them
  > to the server via IMAP and from now on you can act on the mails in
  > every way that IMAP supports.

  Hi Thomas,

  I dont think I understand this. Toltec pushes them to where on the
  server? My server drops mail in INBOX. Outlook 2000 with Toltec however
  looks in INBOX/Inbox, so it doesn't see new mail. Do I have to configure
  something? I have 'leave mail on server', off course. Does Outlook 'see'
  it when another imapclient removes a message, or is it supposed to copy
  everything from INBOX to INBOX/Inbox ??

  Or should I configure a new imap account? This option seems to be gone
  after moving outlook to 'groupware mode'.

  Should I upgrade to Outlook 2003?

  Cheers,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |