Integration

Derek Harkness dharknes at mac.com
Sun Jun 11 21:21:44 CEST 2006

I've been reading a lot on kolab, done a couple of installs and
really feel I'm missing something.

I'd like to use kolab as the groupware solution at a medium sized
university (12,000+) users.  We already have a lot of infrastructure
running on Linux such as LDAP, Kerberos, IMAP, SMTP, etc. etc.  But
from all my testing it appears to be difficult if not impossible to
get Kolab to play nicely with our existing setup.  It seem Kolab is
designed around the idea of a single server or at least Kolab
specific versions of the services on multiple servers doing
everything.  We don't have the people or desire to replace existing
infrastructure.  Am I way off base?  Is there some piece of
information I'm missing.

Thanks,
Derek