adressbooks

Matthias Henze lists at mhcsoftware.de
Thu Jun 8 21:31:29 CEST 2006

ok, thanks, i see, it seems that it depends on the kontact version how good
this works. i seems that kontact which came with kde 3.5.2 does not work too
well but the new on (2.1.1 of proko2 KDE) does. i think that the addressbook
part of these 2 is not compatible as phonenumbers get messed up. konatct
which comes with kde 3.5.2 seems to have heavy synconisation problems. with
2.1.1 of proko2 KDE for me mail quoting does not work (see this mail ...) and
sieve connectivity does not work too, beside many other bugs. with all these
bugs all these seems to be pretty useless. put perhaps i've missed some thing
and you can point me to it to make things working a bit better ...

Am Donnerstag 08 Juni 2006 16:42 schrieb Torsten Irländer:
On Thursday, 8. June 2006 14:50, Matthias Henze wrote:
> what do i have to do, to share the adressbook to the public and/or to
> singel users? there is some kind of "permissions" dialog in kontact.

Yes, there is a permission dialog in RMB Menu on the groupware folder. These
folders are hidden on default and maybe you need to unhide them. This is done
in settings->kmail->misc->groupware. Sharing your addressbook with the public
isn't possible, only among user kolab users.
After unhiding you can add users to the ACL. When ready sync to upload new
permissions to the server.

> what
> does the other users have to do to access my contacts ?

He should only need to sync to get access to the shared contacts.

Matthias Henze                matthias at mhcsoftware.de

Use PGP!! http://www.mhcsoftware.de/MatthiasHenze.asc
MHC SoftWare GmbH          voice: +49-(0)9533-92006-0
Fichtera 17                  fax: +49-(0)9533-92006-6
96274 Itzgrund/Germany    e-Mail: info at mhcsoftware.de