adressbooks

Torsten Irländer torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
Thu Jun 8 14:36:02 CEST 2006

On Thursday, 8. June 2006 13:52, Matthias Henze wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm a bit confused and the doc's i've read were no help.
>
> perhaps some one can help me so, that i know how addressbocks work. i use
> kontact a only client. this is what i've found out, please correct me if
> i'm wrong:
>
> - when i add kolab contats they are stored in imap
> - contacts stord in imap are private
> - when i add ldap support to the addressbook i can see the kolab
>   users in the addressbook
>
> here are my questions/problems:
>
> - is ist possible to make private (imap) adressbook entries public?
Yes it is. You can share your addressbook among other users. You need to give
other users the permission to access your addressbook. BTW this works for all
other groupware objects of kolab too.

> - when i add addressbook entries using the webinterface i can't see
>   them with my ldap connect. how do i have to connect to the ldap
>   server to see/add/modify these entries as it seems to me that
>   this is the public addressbook.

Maybe you forgot to enable "subtreesearch" in your ldap ressource?
What I have done is:
Create a new LDAP ressource to your addressbook. Enable subtreesearch in the
lower part of the ressource configuration window.
You may want to define a searchbase if you do not want all users to be listed.

regards
Torsten

--
Torsten Irländer                                    Intevation GmbH

torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/