Tool for converting Kolab XML (toltec) to iCal .ics form?

Torsten Irländer torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
Wed Jun 7 11:10:50 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, 7. June 2006 10:44, Torsten Irländer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7. June 2006 00:14, Jesse Mundis wrote:
> > This strikes me as a task which must have been done all ready.
> > Can any one please point me to a tool, script, or program, either within
> > the Kolab source, or elsewhere on the net, which can take as input a
> > Toltec-generated, Kolab XML file, and produce an iCal (RFC 2445) format
> > file as output?
>
> I am not sure If this has been done already because AFAIK all events are
> stored as kolab event xml objects which are already RFC2445 conformant. So
> there was no need to use native iCal. Or did you think of the fact that
> outlook puts this xml object into another TNEF container?

Sorry,
I think I did missunderstood you. I was thinking of the invitation mails of
events. These are RFC2445 conformant. The events itself are stored as XML on
the server. But I do not know a tool for converting these XML Objects into
iCal. One (brute force) approach could be to export all events using the
"export as iCal" function from kontact. I hope I get you right now.

regards
Torsten

--
Torsten Irländer                                    Intevation GmbH

torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/