[OT?] Re-sync "Local Folders"? (was: Easy-to-use archiving mail in kontact?)

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Jul 18 08:35:34 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:01:57AM +0200, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
[...]
> Well, we do use standard mbox and maildir, but with index files. And
> since we are lazy :-) we never made sure that KMail does cope well with
> other apps messing around with the contents of the folders.
[...]

Hm... I can understand the "lazy" part... :-} However, given the above, am
I right in assuming that there is no mechanism to let kmail re-sync its
"Local Folders"? That's one of the few issues I have with mutt||kmail: If
I create a new local folder in mutt, kmail won't pick it up until I
restart the program, which is slightly annoying. This also causes problems
with the backup util I have in mind, hence I'd be very interested if there
was another way.

Thanks,

Thomas