Toltec 2.0.8 (OL2003) not connecting to KOLAB

Ger Apeldoorn g.apeldoorn at argoss.nl
Fri Jul 14 13:05:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

Did you tick the "use secure connection" (from memory, could be something
similar) box in the Toltec configuration?

Ger.

Op vrijdag 14 juli 2006 12:45, schreef Uwe Kaufmann:
> Dear Listers,
>
> New to this list but reading for a while I am looking for a solution of a
> strange problem:
>
> I can connect to an IMAP4 Inbox with an IMAP-account via Outlook.
> I *cannot* connect via the Toltec Plugin to the server to sync my PST
> hierarchy on 4 Clients, the fifth is working fine. All passwords have been
> double-checked, I always use the full email-Address and FQDN.
>
> In the Toltec Plugin in Outlook I can test the settings with the following
> results (translated from German):
> Connection to athene.infoconsult.local
> IMAP4-Server found
> ...and that's it - no further lines as earlier (when it worked)
>
> The /kolab/var/imapd/log/imapd.log sometimes tells me:
> Jul 14 11:31:49 athene <notice> imap[15883]: STARTTLS negotiation failed:
> ibmkfm01.infoconsult.local [192.168.11.151]
>
> The strange thing is that is worked for some weeks and now something is
> broken. I am quite at a loss and all googling and reading in kolab forums
> wasn't successful. I removed the G Data Antivirus client completely for
> testing and I re-installed Toltec, no improvement. No (WinXP Pro) personal
> firewall is used. Office updates are up-to-date.
>
> Any hints / help is really appreciated
> TIA
> Uwe
>
> -----snip-----
>
> Versions:
> MS-Outlook 2003 SP2
> Toltec 2.0.8 German
>
> Kolab2-Groupware-Server-Version
> 2.0.3
> (on SuSE Linux 9.3 (i586))
>
> Versionen der Komponenten des Kolab2-Groupware-Server
> perl-kolab-5.8.7-2.0_20051219
> kolabd-1.9.4-20060111
> kolab-resource-handlers-0.3.9-20060111
> kolab-webadmin-0.4.0-20060111
>
> Kolab2-Gepatchte-OpenPKG-Paket-Versionen
> amavisd-2.3.1-2.4.0
> apache-1.3.33-2.4.5_kolab
> imapd-2.2.12-2.4.0_kolab3
> postfix-2.2.3-2.4.1_kolab
>
> OpenPKG-Version
> openpkg-2.4.3-2.4.3

ARGOSS: your partner for atmospheric, marine & coastal information
P O Box 61
8325ZH Vollenhove The Netherlands
tel +31-527-242299 fax +31-527-242016
Web http://www.argoss.nl

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one of
those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to
copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should
please delete it from your system.

ARGOSS Holding BV and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for any
errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and not clearly made on behalf of
ARGOSS.