setting up kolab in a home network

Alan Hartless harty83 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 04:33:30 CET 2006

Hello,

Thanks for writing me back.  I've set things up like you said (with both the
server and mail domain as accountname.getmyip.com).  I also went to the
dyndns website and set up a mx record to point to accountname.getmyip.com and
set kolab to accept mail.  Now, when I connect to my desktop (the server)
from my laptop via kontact (the client) and try to sync I get this error
(with the "accountname.getmyip.com" being my real account name of course):

Error while uploading folder
Could not make the folder Calendar on the server.
This could be because you do not have permission to do this, or because the
folder is already present on the server; the error message from the server
communication is here:
Could Not Create Folder
An attempt to create the requested folder failed.
Details of the request:
Date and time: Wednesday January 25 2006 11:42 am
Additional information:
imaps://harty83@accountname.getmyip.com:993/INBOX/Calendar/
Possible causes:
Your access permissions may be inadequate to perform the requested operation
on this resource.
The location where the folder was to be created may not exist.
A protocol error or incompatibility may have occurred.
Possible solutions:
Retry the request.
Check your access permissions on this resource.

Any clue what's going on?

Thanks again!
Alan