New server

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Wed Jan 25 19:30:12 CET 2006

El Miércoles, 25 de Enero de 2006 19:14, Thomas Arendsen Hein escribió:
> * Iñaki <ibc2 at euskalnet.net> [20060125 18:55]:
> > El Miércoles, 25 de Enero de 2006 18:47, Thomas Arendsen Hein escribió:
> > > Move your existing /kolab out of the way, run obmtool. You can abort
> > > installation as soon as the first package was installed. This
> > > creates the three kolab users (kolab, kolab-r, kolab-n) and some
> > > files in /etc.
> >
> > Be carefull if you try to reinstall Kolab in the same machine. Before it
> > delete kolab, kolab-r and kolab-n users and groups. Without doing it
> > you'll have problems to reinstall Kolab.
>
> As his / directory is gone, these users are probably gone.

Yes, I know.  ;)

> But I'm curious, what problems did you notice? I never had any
> problems with this, neither with already existing users on the local
> machine, nor with kolab/kolab-r/kolab-n manually created before on
> the NIS server.

I installed Kolab in a Debian Sarge. It worked OK but I wanted to install a
new version. I didn't need to keep the data, I was really starting using
Kolab.
I erased /kolab and installed the new version.

Unfortunallety I can't remember exactly which error happened, I think it was
after installation, I couldn't start Kolab, some errors that I can't remember
appeared in console.

Anyway, I erased /kolab again and deleted Kolab's users and groups.
After that I did exactly the same: install the Kolab. But now without
problems.

I'm sorry because can't explain the problem, may be in the future I'll try
again and relate it here.

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...