all messages deleted from inbox

Laurent Lebreton laurent.lebreton at accelance.fr
Wed Jan 25 13:41:49 CET 2006

Michael Crumm wrote:
> hello,
>
> this morning one of my users called and said they logged in to find no
> messages in their inbox.  all messages in subfolders were intact.  i
> checked the mail folder on the filesystem and literally no messages
> exist in the base of the user's folder.
>
> this user is setup for imap, using thunderbird 1.5  they also tried
> connecting over our webmail service, but of course, the result was the same.
>
> i checked all the imapd logs and there is no indication of any files
> being removed at all.
>
> 2 questions:  1) is there somewhere else i should be looking (i.e, other
> logs) to find out what happened? and 2)the cyr_db log indicates that
> some sort of backup was done last night at midnight.  i notice a few
> __db.00x files under imapd.  can i possibly recover the user's mailbox
> with these files?  if so, where might i find information on that process?

Hi,

I had the same behaviour when I started to use the Toltec Connector with
Outlook : the connector used POP (?) to transfer all mails from INBOX to
a folder called "Boite de réception" in my case (I use French Outlook)
without touching to other folders.

I you use Toltec the reason may be be here.

To find all your mails, you canb subscribe to the correponding folder
("Boite de réception").

Hope it helps

Laurent