[Kolab-devel] IMAP replication

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Thu Jan 19 14:46:02 CET 2006

> Murder is not replication, it's a way to allocate mailboxes on different
> servers basically.

Yes ... it seems to be more for use with the Aggregator, for load balancing
and server independence.  Not really what I was looking for.

> cyrus-imapd-2.3.x, however, has replication support, although it may be
> a bit buggy in this early stages (I haven't tested it yet myself).

That's nice to know.  I see that the 2.3 series is only about a month old, so
it will be sometime before it is available from openpkg I would think.  And
not used in the Kolab release for sometime as well.

It's not a mission critical feature for the IMAP data to be replicated
real-time.  I was just hoping there might be an easy way to integrate
something with kolab.

Thanks for the feedback so quick,

Andy