Problems with Kolabwizard and Kontact/KOrganizer

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 11 16:46:26 CET 2006

Hi Jose,

Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 10:27 schrieb Jose Figueras:
> El Martes 10 Enero 2006 19:26, Bernhard Reiter escribió:
> > Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 10:42 schrieb Jose Figueras:
> > > I'm trying to install Kontact following latest kolab client
> > > documentation

> > > My environment:

> > >    KUbuntu Breezy
> > >    KDE 3.4.3
> > >    Kontact 1.1.2
> > >    KMail 1.8.3
> > >    KOrganizer 3.4.2
> >
> > Did you build the proko2 branch or did you use the other versions?
>
> I try to use KUbuntu original packages. Not proko2 KDE code branch.
>
> I need to download, compile and install this branch or I can use the new
> KDE 3.5 KUbuntu packages?

We from the project can say: We know it works in Proko2 branch.
I have not first hand experience with KUbuntu packages,
so I cannot say. They might have KDE bugs or KUbuntu bugs
as opposed to KDE 3.5 SVN or Proko2.

> > >  3. If I add 'IMAP Calendar from KMail'* on Kontact, appears the 3
> > > kolab resources. Then I can use kolab calendar, but these resources
> > > dissapears on next execution of Kontact or KOrganizer
> >
> > They should not dissappear, so this looks like a bug in your version.
> > You might want to check the configuration files within .kde
> > after added, closing kontact and restarting and closing again.
> > Make sure you do not run multiple instances of KMail, KOrganizer
> > and so on. Best is: only run Kontact when trying to use it as Kolab
> > client.
>
> What config files?. I see .kde directory but there are a lot of files and
> directories.

The easy approach is to make a cp -r and then run diff -ru
to find out what has changed. Usually Kontact should save
those settings and would to it in the kmailrc file.

Bernhard