[SOLVED] Howto install Kolab2 2.0.2 on NetBSD 3.0

Raphael Langerhorst raphael.langerhorst at kdemail.net
Sun Jan 8 18:41:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

I finally successfully finished a Kolab2 (2.0.2) installation on NetBSD 3.0

Please note that Kolab2 2.0.3 or (maybe) 2.1 might already work
out-of-the-box, since the patches will be included in the release (both
releases not YET available).

Here is how this works (I'll add it all to the wiki... later):

Follow the instructions in my previous mail:
http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2006-January/004178.html

sometimes it's difficult (or tricky) to make sure that modified src.rpm's
really get installed - you have to wipe the binary rpm from /kolab/RPM/PKG,
erase the installed rpm: /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm --erase imapd   and so on and
so forth (make sure you know where the src.rpm is located and which one you
actually install). The BEST way to do all this is to modify the src.rpm
before starting "sh obmtool kolab" at all. That is, oh... that is difficult
since you need /kolab/bin/openpkg. Anyway, you can ask me for ready-to-use
src.rpm packages if you need them (or look in the wiki.kolab.org, I might
already have posted some instructions there and links to ready-to-use src.rpm
packages).

And here are some additional instructions and patches. They are now to solve
the leftover cyrus-imapd issue. The patches are to be used with KOLAB 2.0.2
(mind you!). You have to

$ /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm --install imapd-2.2.12-2.4.0_kolab3.src.rpm
$ cd /kolab/RPM/SRC/imapd
$ cp /path/to/patches/from/this/email/imapd.patch .
$ cp /path/to/patches/from/this/email/imapd.patch.group .
$ /kolab/bin/openpkg rpmbuild -bs imapd.spec

Explaination:
By copying the patch files you OVERWRITE the existing patches. After that you
just create (rpmbuild) a new src.rpm out of the installed (rpm --install)
imapd source rpm. The result is again stored in /kolab/RPM/PKG/

Copy it from there to your directory with all your Kolab 2.0.2 installation
sources. Then (after doing the same for the postfix package, see my previous
mail!) just go on installing the rest of Kolab2:

$ sh obmtool kolab

That should now finish the installation without ANY missing packages.

Some notes on post-install:
I actually DID have troubles starting openldap during the kolab_bootstrap
process, turning debugging to a higher level
(/kolab/libexec/openldap/slapd --help)
and grep for libexec/openldap/slapd in kolab_bootstrap.
Anyway, it turned out that removing an existing logfile made it work. I have
no idea whether this is on-purpose or just a matter of me having too much
messed around with the existing installation.

Another thing: I found out that postfix doesn't support any kind of
authentication, no idea what's that, since installation works just fine (with
my patches). And my patches don't touch authentication. Anyway, if you want
to test whether the overall setup works, bootstrap kolab, go to the services
settings in the web interface and add your local subnet to the list of
networks that allow unauthenticated smtp (the one where 127.0.0.1/24 is set
by default).

SSLMutex: it seemed to me that SSLMutex is not supported on NetBSD, although
after the final install apache started even WITH this option. Anyway, might
need to comment it out in apache.base (or the httpd.conf template and run
kolabconf).

Whatever, I don't want to have you read too much text with this email. I'll
add some info in the kolab wiki (http://wiki.kolab.org) and submit the
patches to the issue tracker of kolab (https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab)

So hopefully all future releases will eventually support NetBSD without any
hassle.

PS: Yes, this is supposed to work for OpenBSD AS WELL (untested).

PPS: the attached patches ONLY add NetBSD and OpenBSD to the #ifdef that
includes the fgetgrent code... since that's not officially part of BSD libc's
(but of the glibc, so the freebsd people apparently already had a go at this
but didn't enable the code for NetBSD or other BSD's). See
http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2005-June/002834.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2003/01/msg00013.html
for some details.

Raphael Langerhorst