Kolab and the homeserver in Usermanager

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 5 16:36:19 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 15:38 schrieb Rene:

> Is it possible to mirror a server so that i can get my mesages if the
> primary is down.

Yes, it is possible to make Kolab Servers redundant with general
Unix methods and a shared storage (not network system).

> The access could be done be dns with low ttl but how to manage this in
> kolab.

You have to be quite sure which one of the Kolab Server is active,
so you can use heartbeat or similiar to find out, if the other have
to take over services.

> PS: do you think that it's nessesary to write a web-fronted for the
> templates ? If  it is, i'll do this. Because its faster to edit things
> in a browser than in a ssh-shell ;-)

Quite a few people with disagree on the speed of configuration files,
because they use high level editors and the unix toolbox already. ;)
Our aim is to have the most important settings in the directory server,
so editing the template file completely over the web would be suboptimal.

Still thanks for the offer to help.
If you want to do something else: We appreciate tests of the current
server snapshots and there is always help needed with the Wiki
and checking documentation.

Bernhard