PDF attachments malformed

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Tue Feb 28 08:50:33 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 00:30, you wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. Februar 2006 22:00 schrieb Andrew J. Kopciuch:
> > I have a very puzzling problem for one of our clients.  We have several
> > clients with kolab installations, and they are the only ones with this
> > issue.
> >
> > They have large amounts of files scanned into PDFs.  Some of them quite
> > large. (several MB in size).  The PDF is fine on the local desktops.
> > They can send the files as attachments to external addresses (like me),
> > and they come through without problems.
>
> IIRC this is a problem with setting the correct content type in KMail when
> attaching the PDF. You may want to search at
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kmail-devel for details.

They are attaching from Outlook & Horde, I am attaching from KMail.  All
scenarios yield the same results.

I did realize they were running server version 2.0.1, and I updated to 2.0.3
debian packages.  I'm not sure how I missed this one client when we updated
earlier.  Could that be the cause of the problems?  The
kolab-resource-handlers seemed to have modifications (a newer version) dated
20060111.  Could that have been the solution?

I don't have all the resources they normally use and the original PDFs to
compare to, but they will be testing tomorrow morning.  It appears to have
fixed the problems.  When I have sent a PDF attachment, and checked mail from
an account on their server the attachment is in tact now.

I'll post any more news when I hear.

Thanks,

Andy