Forged header detection and selective filtering

Adam Tworkowski atworkowski at masterfile.com
Tue Feb 14 19:14:35 CET 2006

Hi,

Our Kolab server (correctly) detects forged "from" headers so that if
you say you are "user at domain.com" where domain.com is local, and you are
sending from somewhere that is not domain.com and your message is
refused.  How would I go about allowing certain "users" to by-pass this
feature so that user1 at domain.com can be delivered as if local even
thought the headers are really forged?

We have a business requirement to accept mail "from" certain "accounts"
that aren't local (affiliate users who we don't necessarily want on our
mail system, as well as some forwarders from an external mail system
via /etc/aliases.

Thanks in advance.

Adam Tworkowski, atworkowski at masterfile.com
Systems Administrator, Computer Department
Masterfile Corporation, www.masterfile.com

This email message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential, subject to
copyright and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are
hereby notified that any unauthorized use of this transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the named recipient(s), please
immediately notify the sender and delete this email message.