moving to a new machine

Richard Bos richard at radoeka.nl
Wed Feb 8 20:54:05 CET 2006

Op woensdag 8 februari 2006 15:41, schreef Alan Hartless:
> Now just to clarify.  All my user's data will still be available and in
> tact on the new machine after I move over the /kolab folder and run the
> obmtool right?

I will not give you a yes or no.  I never did it.  I can explain what happens
a bit.  Just give it a try yourself on a test machine...

/kolab contains the full installation, binary scripts, rpm database, logfiles,
and data.  The obmtool will start with creating the openpkg environment (root
filesystem) in /kolab and will modify the /etc/passwd and group file.  To my
opinion yes your data will still be there....

--
Richard